Mentor- Protégé Program Participant
Program managers today face unprecedented challenges and threats—responsibilities and demands for innovated solutions have increased as internal resources have decreased. To meet these obstacles, program managers need highly qualified, responsive, support contractors who can meet their program demands and deliver real value.
5SRC understands this and can answer these challenges as a single corporate entity or through an SBA approved Mentor-Protégé team. Creating a Mentor-Protégé partnership has been shown to benefit all parties — Government, Mentor, and Protégé.
5SRC is uniquely qualified to support the Government with the management and innovative technology solutions demanded by today’s critical defense programs through a Mentor-Protégé relationship. 5SRC has experience in delivering services to the government via this relationship.
The Government can gain access to the corporate capabilities, resources and emerging technologies of a large company and the innovation, focus, and energy that is delivered by a small company. In addition, the partnership assists in supporting small business opportunities and meeting their agencies’ small business prime and subcontracting goals. Additional benefits include, but not limited to:
- Commitment to shape and expand the industrial base to support the war fighter
- Contain a strong technical component, or focus on innovative transfer of state-of-the art technology
- Acquiring an expanded base of qualified small businesses
- Greater assurance that a protégé subcontractor will be better able to perform under a contract than a similarly situated non-protégé subcontractor
- Mitigating the effects of necessary and justified contract bundling